Friday, August 29, 2008

Rant #16 - "Change That is Actually Believable!"

How the GOP has an opportunity to change the current tide of corruption and mis-directed policies into a tradition of ethical change that defends our liberty to succeed or fail on our own, without Daddy Obama's many promises.



Barack Obama’s campaign has been both praised and derided for the slogan “Change you can believe in!” and “Yes, We CAN!” and the even more elusive “the audacity of hope”. And up until today millions of voters have seized upon the media’s inferred malaise of the American Public by falling into line in an almost trance-ish submission… “change, we need chaaaaange. Not four more years of Bush, we need chaaaaaange”.

What is audacious – in my humble view – are the claims made by Barack Obama to change America, redefine what the American Dream is, promise us things that only a far leftist majority in both houses could accomplish and declare that the GOP has “ruined America’s prosperity and confidence”. With a stalemated Senate and an almost pointless majority in the House, Congress is the real policy setting body in D.C. and Obama can accomplish nothing unless he becomes what he adamantly denies he will be – just another politician.

As a Conservative Libertarian who usually votes GOP, occasionally votes Democrat, but ALWAYS votes my conscience I have been nauseated by the last 8-9 years of power obsession of the Republican Party, falling into an illusion of creating a “permanent majority” through intimidation, corrupt lobbying practices and a muscular foreign policy that has never made me comfortable, whether it was a Republican or Democratic President.

Barack Obama has built an entire campaign on vague principles, unsubstantiated promises and a cult of personality. Along with millions of other Americans, I want change too! I want to see my government do what it was commissioned to do in 1994 when we first sent them a majority in Congress, and a President in 2000. I want wasteful government spending to be taken on violently and with no mercy; I want lobbyist corruption to be rooted up and destroyed; I want immigration made a legitimate, efficient but SAFE option for anyone in the world; I want the entire judicial branch of Government to start acting according to its commission and stop setting policy and start interpreting original intent, not cultural relativity; I want public dependency upon the Government to end in a way that motivates individuals to help each other instead of dropping off our needy on the doorsteps of a victim-hungry political movement; I want a Government that refuses to think we are called to address every sad, bleeding-heart crisis in the world with military force, whether peaceful or otherwise.

These are all changes that Obama either cannot or will not deliver, and it leaves me to look for another option. John McCain is not my first choice, or my second, or my third, for that matter. But this fact does not diminish the significant difference between Obama and McCain in their ability to bring change to Washington, D.C. and potentially turn the tide of tradition that has flooded the Capital with arrogance for the better part of the last century. McCain and Palin together have forged careers built upon facing the challenges of bureaucracy with a stiff neck, even when it meant holding their own Party to the fire, and I respect the commitment to their nation and their principles. John McCain and I have differences of policy on many issues, but his leadership ability and his experience make him the most viable choice this November. Sarah Palin, first term Governor of Alaska only cements this formidable conviction even more.

So I believe the McCain campaign should take hold of this opportunity to spin Obama’s message on its head, pushing a philosophy of “change that is actually believable”, “yes, we actually WILL” and “the audacity to live free”… because every promise Barack assured us last night was our right to claim comes with a price, an estimated $1 trillion price, and only ensures us of further slavery to a dependency that develops millions into a guaranteed voting block, like employees of a benefactor who “writes the check that puts food on my table”.

And I, for one refuse to let someone or something make a submissive servant out of me.

McCain/Palin have all the right tools, the history and the momentum to change the Government in Washington… not just a speech they gave in 2002. :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home